A decade ago, when I hired my first coach, I had no clue what to expect. Come to think of it, that was the reason I didn’t approach a coach/mentor before.
Looking back, I realized how many opportunities I’ve missed. If only I knew the themes I could discuss with a coach/mentor, I would’ve gotten the support I needed earlier.
It would’ve saved me a ton of time, wasted efforts, money, going around in circles in confusion, crisis, and self-doubt.
When people approach me for support, I understand that they have the same challenge until then, of not knowing what to expect from a coaching & mentoring relationship.
So, I thought I’d put together this quick info for you. I hope it brings a lot more clarity and helps you get the most out of your coaching/mentorship relationship!
Here are the seven topics that you can discuss with a coach or mentor:
- I am not growing in my career. What can I do about it?
- How can I be a better leader and a good spouse/parent?
- What is my vision for life? What will make my life purposeful, meaningful?
2. Personal Power & Confidence
- Why do I hesitate to speak up? How can I address the constant sense of self-doubt?
- How can I be more confident in meetings & interactions?
- How can I make sure that I’m not standing in my own way through self-sabotaging thoughts?
3. Time & energy management
- How can I set my priorities to maximize success?
- How can I win back “me-time” and “family time”
- How can I ensure that I stay energized throughout the day and not tired and overwhelmed?
4. Personal Brand
- How do I define and communicate my personal brand?
- How can I position/upsell myself for attractive roles?
- What sort of mental/physical/skills conditioning do I need to do?
5. Influencing Stakeholders
- How do I influence people – across levels?
- How can I intentionally create my network?
- How do I leverage my network?
- How do I communicate my value?
- How can I effectively communicate so that people listen to me?
- How can I speak effectively in critical meetings & negotiations?
7. Crisis Management
- How can I turn around crises and conflicts in situations, relationships?
- How can I create a more harmonious work culture?
- How do I make my team members work together?
- What can I do about my bad boss?
This is just a guide for what you can expect from your coaching/mentorship relationships. When you’re ready schedule a conversation with me today and let’s discuss what kind of support would suit you the best.